On The Red Zone
Thursday March 7 2013
Today on the show:
- We had a jam packed show today with 4 guests. Below you will find cuts from each interview of the more important things they had to say.
- FIrst on the show at 12:18 ESPN.com College Football writer Brett McMurphy joined the show to talk about the Catholic 7 basketball schools leaving The Big East this summer. He also talked about Notre Dame and mentioned the Irish want to be in the ACC as soon as next year. Click below to hear his thoughts on Notre Dame joining the ACC sooner than originally expected:
- Our next interview was at 12:32 and it was legendary EX Maryland and Georgia State Head Coach Lefty Driesell. He gave us his thoughts on conference realignment and he disagrees with realignment completely. He does not like it for what its doing to college athletics and thinks it will ultimately ruin the sports. Click below to hear his distain for conference realignment:
- During the second hour we were thrilled to be joined by Georgia Tech Head Coach Brian Gregory. He helped us recap last night's huge upset of 6th ranked Miami on the road. He said that a win like last nights is proof that the Tech program is going in the right direction and has a very bright future. Click below to hear his comments on what a win like this can mean for Georgia Tech's program:
- Towards the end of the show at 1:32 we talked about the NCAA tournament with ESPN College Basketball Analyst Jimmy Dykes. He joined us to talk about who he thinks are the top seeds as we head into conference tournament play. He was asked about the SEC and why it is having such a bad year from top to bottom on the hardwood. He made the point that the SEC has some good teams, but there is very little seperation between the top and the bottom of the standings. So, very few teams stand out on a national level like in other leagues. Click below to hear Jimmy break down the SEC's basketball season: