On The Red Zone
Wednesday March 13 2013
Today on the show:
- At 12:18 we were joined in studio by former Georgia Tech CB Rod Sweeting. He gave great insight into what its like at the combine and helped us preview Georgia Tech's pro day tomorrow.
- He talked about how much pressure he felt at the combine and how important it was for him to put up good numbers for the scouts in attendance. Click below to hear him comment on his experience at the combine!
- At 12:32 we discussed the Falcons and their decision to resign Sam Baker and what it means for Tony Gonzalez to return. Hans and Mike both said the team is better today than it was yesterday just from these two signings. We also took several callers expressing their opinions about who the Falcons should target next in free agency.
- At 1:02 we updated everyone on other moves around the NFL and let you know what big name players are going where. Reggie Bush signed with the Lions and both Hans and Mike think that makes Detroit's offense even more potent in 2013.
- At 1:18 Mike unveiled another edition of the SEC notebook with some interesting stats on the number of pro day's that are being broadcast for viewers to watch. ESPN3 has elected to broadcast both Alabama and Georgia's pro days along with several other teams around the country. \
- Then at 1:32 the guys went "Under the Radar" with many topics that you might have missed over the last few days. Hans mentioned that 4 metro Atlanta High School baseball teams are ranked in the top 17 of the Baseball America top 25 poll for this week. He said this stat reiterated how much baseball talent there is in the metro Atlanta area.