10 Things that are all over my head this weekend
1. I like a lot of what I saw from freshman Robert Carter from Tech the other night but still think the kid needs to shed some pounds and gain some muscle to take it to the next level.
2. The Fried Chicken night at Watershed on Peachtree is outstanding and not a bit over-rated.
3. This is by far the best I have seen Al Horford play in either college or the pros.
4. The release of John Abraham is basically staying out ahead of dropping a guy at the right time and not a year late. His game is going in wrong direction and the Falcons got all they could ask for him in his time here.
5. Michael Turner should have been the league MVP in his first year in Atlanta, it was Matty Ice's rookie season and Turner carried them to the playoffs with 1700 yards. There was no one more important to his team that year, we will miss a total class guy around Flowery Branch.
6. Argo deserved Best Picture, it was totally entertaining, a great bit of story telling and the recreation scenes of the US Embassy attack were riveting.
7. Anyone got any idea how Jimmy Kimmel is doing in his new time slot?
8. When someone can make a great home-made macaroni and cheese they will have friends for life.
9. The Miami Heat "Harlem Shake" video is as good as it gets for a team showing how to have fun together. They don't make that video if they don't handle the Celtics in Boston in Game Six last year and then steamroll their way to a title.
10. Mike Minor and Kris Medlen are going to go neck and neck this year for the title of "best Braves starter" and that is incredibly good news for Braves fans...